Monday, December 3, 2012

HubPages Interface Is Really Simple to Follow and Better Than Squidoo


A comparison of Squidoo and HubPages from usability perspective.

Article writing not Web Designing I have recently learned about Squidoo and HubPages and decided to try both. I was stunned by the editing interface they both offer. I have not seen anything on Internet before, so easy to move stuff here and there. I have to admit that both websites programmers have done real hard work to create such cool interfaces.

At first I loved the Squidoo interface because it has so many items to add to your lens and was amazed to see how easily I could create my page. But after writing five articles on Squidoo, I started to get a feeling that I am not working on articles instead I am creating web pages, just like a web designer. This made me think that my purpose to come to these websites is to post articles and not to get busy in adding images and videos to make it look nicer.

On the other hand HubPages is extremely simple to follow and it is easy to create a hub. It will give you few layout options for your hub. After you are done, you will end up probably with one photo/ image at top or right side of your article and a comment box at the bottom. You can add more stuff but HubPages do have restrictions on how much stuff you can add. I think these limitations saved my time which was wasted on Squidoo.

So my experience from usability perspective is that HubPages follow the theme of article writing and not converting them into web pages.

Beginner Tips for Article Marketing Campaign   How Do I Get MY Articles Noticed Over the Competitions?   Internet Marketing Newsletter Creation for Your Small Business   Article Submission - Three Big Reasons To Submit Articles   2 Tips to Get More Ideas for Article Topics   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。